We Believe In...
- The verbal inspiration of the accepted cannon of sacred scriptures as originally given (2 Timothy 3:16, 1 Corinthians 2:13).
- The tri-unity of the Godhead (Matthew 28:19, Galatians 3:20).
- The creation, test, and fall of man as recorded in Genesis. Man's total spiritual depravity and inability to attain divine righteousness (Romans 5:12, 18).
- The Savior of men, the Lord Jesus Christ, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, very God and very man (Luke 1:30-35, John 1:18, Isaiah 9:6).
- The gospel of the grace of God, how that Christ died for our sins (according to the scriptures), was buried and rose again the third day for our justification.
- The salvation of sinners by grace alone, through faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the Cross of Calvary, by which we secure the remission of sins (Ephesians 2:8-9, Hebrews 9:12, 22, Romans 5:1).
- The bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation and His personal coming for His church (John 14:2, 33, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18) and His rule over the nations of the earth for one thousand years (Zachariah 14:4, 5, 9, Isaiah 11:1-4, Revelations 20:1-10).
- Water baptism of believers by immersion in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 19:5, 10:47, 48, 8:37, 38)
- The baptism with the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation, namely, speaking in tongues (Acts 2: 1-44, 8:14-17, 10:44-46, Galatians 3:14-15).
- The gifts of the Spirit as enumerated in 1 Corinthians 12 and 14, being exercised and practised as manifest in the early church.
- The spirit filled life, a life of separation from the world, and perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as an expression of Christian faith (Ephesians 5:18, 2 Corinthians 6:14, 2 Corinthians 7:1).
- The healing of the body by divine power or divine healing in its many aspects as practised by the early church (Acts 4:30, Romans 8:11, 1 Corinthians 12:9, James 5:14).
- The Lord's memorial, commonly called supper, for believers (1 Corinthians 11:23-32)
- The eternal life of the believer (John 5:24, 10:28) and the eternal punishment of the unbeliever (Mark 9:33-38, 2 Thessalonians 1:9, Revelation 20:10-15).
- The reality and personality of Satan (Job 1:7, 2 Corinthians 11:14).
- Marriage: We believe in the sanctity of marriage, as a life long exclusive commitment between one man and one woman (Genesis 9:24, Matt. 19:3-9)
NOTE: In order that you may better understand the importance of these fundamental truths kindly look up and study all scripture references given above.